SQL Server: Database Maintenance Routine
From Tara Duggan’s weblog
Over the past couple of weeks, I have posted various database maintenance stored procedures. Here's a listing of them:
· isp_DBCC_CHECKDB - perform integrity checks on all databases
· isp_DBCC_INDEXDEFRAG - perform index defragmentation
· isp_DBCC_DBREINDEX - rebuild the indexes
· isp_Backup - full backup
· isp_Backup_LS - full backup using SQL LiteSpeed
· isp_Backup_TLog - transaction log backup
· isp_DeleteBackupHistory - delete backup history from msdb backup system tables
Do not put these in the master database. An Admin database should be created where non-application specific objects are put. All of the stored procedures are designed so that they do not need to be in any particular database.
Use them at your own risk. If you don't use them, at the very least create your own. Don't use the maintenance plan wizards or the sqlmaint utility!