It’s getting colder day by day…
In evening; I had been thinking about the little project I have planned to keep myself engaged for days to come. I will refer to it by name PSK2 (Portal Starter Kit v2). My goals are
- To experiment with SubVersion; I want to use its branching and merging options; and want to show how its being used in this project to some people in my community
- Use SQL Express and Visual Web Developer only
- Remain consistent with the original PSK1 design and approach
- To see how much code I will be removing from v1 just because of the new ASPNET v2 features and some new controls. I have decided; instead of creating new ASCX; I will use the existing one and over the time will delete the v1 code where required. I want in first phase; the same functionality as in PSK1.
- Extend PSK functionality; and include some cool ASPNET2 stuff like Master Pages, Profiles, Themes and Providers; using the same PSK1 design and approach
To start with; I will be replacing Portal Role Based Security System with ASPNET2 Membership system.