5th CTP of Visual Studio Team System for Database Professional
DataDude (Team System for Database Professional)' 5th CTP is released recently. It features
- Schema management (similar to SQL Enterprise or Management Studio) the difference is instead of working on some "physical database" it works on "virtual database"; you can however import initial schema from "physical database" and can also publish your changes from "virtual" to "physical". Little different approach; but its sweet!
- Unit testing; one can easily create unit tests for stored procedures, and now even triggers; C# (or VB) based testing project; calling up the stored procedure; all automated
- Schema and Data Compare; you can even generate TSQL for the delta apart of publish changes
- Data Generation Plan; with which you can populate your development/staging database to run unit / stress and other similar tests
- Integrated TSQL Editor; that you can use to execute your adhoc queries
Apart of these feature; there are many extendability points in the overall system. This CTP has enabled even more scenarios!
I have started using it since its 3rd CTP; mainly for its schema compare. I am trying to use its other features on current project. My expereince so far is awesome! They really have hit the sweet point!