Team Explorer - Beta 2 of Visual Studio 2008
I already had Orcas (Visual Studio 2008) Beta 1 and its Team Explorer Add-in installed; before installing Beta 2 of Visual Studio I uninstalled all the Orcas stuff. I am not sure if I uninstalled the Orcas Team Explorer or not.
Anyways; after installing the Orcas Beta 2; I got an error that Team Explorer Package could not get loaded; I skip the error; and continue with the installation of Orcas Beta 2 Team Explorer (which is in Team Foundation Server cd image) and after its installation; when I fired the Visual Studio 2008; I was unable to access Team Explorer. It got fixed by issuing >devenv /resetskippkgs from Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 Command Prompt. I am now able to access my 2005 Team Foundation Server from Orcas Beta 2.
I have to visit my parents this weekend...so I am done with this week's Beta 2 endeavor...Most of the time spent downloading; uninstalling the Beta 1 and installing the Beta 2...Next week will be more fun...I will be
- Trying to open up 2005 projects from 2005 Team Foundation Server in Orcas Beta 2; and see if they remain open-able from 2005 Visual Studio
- Installing the 2008 TFS with Windows Sharepoint Services v3; which is why I am more interested in 2008 TFS; it will be the first officially supported TFS to work with WSS v3; WSS v3 itself is great due to its built in support of Wikis, weblogs, RSS and what not
- The new Linqdatasource and Silverlight support
- Now that we have Go Live license; will try to upgrade one ClickOnce app from Windows Forms to WPF and see how the users will experience the pleasant change
- Continue exploring WPF; WWF and WCF