Welcome to weblogs.com.pk Sign in | Join | Help

Windows XP, Active Directory, Visual Studio.Net, Web Projects, REALM Problem

Today, I needed to setup a web project on Windows XP box that was a member of an Active Directory domain. I was getting 500 errors while creating the web project in the Visual Studio. Checking event logs of System, Application and Security I discovered that IUSR_MACHINE account is having some ACL problems.

 

I dig furthered, and find out that the REALM is set to the domain to which the workstation was member of. Changing the REALM to the machine name solved the issue. I also gave the following commands, just to be on the safer side.

 

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>iisreset

 

Attempting stop...

Internet services successfully stopped

Attempting start...

Internet services successfully restarted

 

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>aspnet_regiis -i

Start installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).

Finished installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).

 

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322>

Published Thursday, June 3, 2004 4:41 PM by khurram

Comments

No Comments

New Comments to this post are disabled